My 13 favorite highlights from today:
1. Sleeping in!
2. Brunch at our house, us 4 + Chris and Michelle and the girls. Austin stayed with Grammie the night before, which made the whole sleeping in/even number of children/quiet afternoon thing possible. Thanks mom!
3. Ellie only having 2 meltdowns and both before noon! The rest of the day was good for her, and I am quite thankful for that. :-)
4. Thanksgiving TV: Macy's parade, the dog show, Miracle on 34th street, and Horton Hears a Who!
5. Ellie peeling 10 pounds of potatoes by herself!
6. Me not freaking out that nothing is decorated for Christmas yet, that the house wasn't perfect, that the turkey took too long, etc... I was pretty relaxed today! :)
7. Getting to sit and rest for awhile between gatherings.
8. A calm, quiet house between gatherings today.
9. Making yummy food: Corn casserole, green bean casserole, Parker house rolls, PW's mashed potatoes, and cream cheese pepper jelly dip.
10. Jason smoking the turkey to perfection.
11. My parents, J's parents, and my Grandma coming over for dinner. We are so blessed to all live so close.
12. Eating delicious food, all gathered at one big table!
13. A little Thanksgiving night shopping to work off the big meal, but home by 10!
It was a good year! Happy Thanksgiving 2011!