Monday, May 26, 2008

Everybody needs a good meme!

Blog?

What?

Where?

OH, THIS blog!

I almost forgot about it! Just kidding :) We've just been busy with all the end of the school year activities. I have lots of material for my faithful readers, I just have no time! Hopefully soon things will settle down!

Oh wait... 3 kids all day, every day, all summer...Who am I kidding!

Anyway, I've been wanting to do this meme that Jen tagged me with for awhile. So here we go!

What I was doing 10 years ago 1998--

I was beginning my fourth summer working at Silver Dollar City, a local theme park. I was a parasol painter. I spent my days painting flowers, heart shaped balloons, and little girls' names on pretty umbrellas. I had just finished my third year of college at MSU, and had changed my major for the fourth time. I was in love with my boyfriend Jason. We'd been dating for two and a half years, and we knew we were headed towards marriage.

What I was doing 5 years ago 2003--

Jason and I had been happily married for three and a half years. Our first baby Ellie was fifteen months old. She was the light of our lives, the center of our universe. I was loving being a mommy, but missing having close friends. Ellie and I had just finished our first semester of Mops and Kindermusik with Alana. I had started meeting other mommies like me, and I was hopeful that friendships would soon blossom. We were getting ready to go to Gulf Shores for a vacation, where we were meeting Chris and Michelle, three year old Olivia, and 10 month old Elaina to play at the beach. It was a special vacation, since they lived in Kentucky, and we didn't get to see them a lot.

4 things I did yesterday--

We stayed home from church because all three kiddos were still asleep at 9:00am.

We attended an AWESOME birthday party for our great friends Will (Alana and Rich's son) and Tessa (Dixie and Jim's daughter). I felt blessed as we played at the park that we have such a great group of friends!

After the party, we dropped all three kiddos off with Grammie, and Jason and I went to dinner ALONE. A rare treat these days!

After dinner we came home and watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. Only three days after it aired. Not too shabby!

4 shows I like to watch--

Grey's Anatomy--Brothers and Sisters--Desperate Housewives--Jon and Kate plus 8.

4 things that make me happy--

Having uninterrupted conversations. Being caught up on chores. Girls nights out. Dates with my hubby!

Whew! That was fun! If you need something to blog about, go for it!

7 comments:

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

Oh man...I remember the painting parasol days! hehe LOVED IT!

So, you have no idea how much I love the first three of those shows...we'll have to catch up on those sometime together!

LOVE AND MISS YOU!! I'm thinking about coming back to MO for a friends wedding and to see Josh...so I'll come hang out with ya for a day!! CAN'T WAIT!

Janelle said...

Ooohhh. Date night! I didn't know that was in store for you last night. I hope you had fun. That is a blessing!

Earen said...

Oh, I too love date nights! Glad you got one!!

Alana said...

I feel the same way about the blog right now. So much to share, no time to do it!

Isn't it crazy how much life can change in such a short time?

Jamie said...

I have to agree with Alana, life is changing in major ways for me and I can't seem to keep up with it.

Darlene R. said...

Date night--woohoo! I think we need one!

Isn't it nice to have kids that are sleeping in? I have two sleeping in right now!

Sarah Markley said...

so cool. i love reading other people's memes...=)