13 Realities of Motherhood.
1. I had no idea what I was getting into.
2. Toys are a waste of money, for the most part. Instead children play with drawers, pots and pans, boxes, electronics, remotes, phones, or anything in general you don't want them to play with.
3. My children will hate the wonderful meal I made, even though they loved the same thing at the restaurant the week before.
4. If you try to maintain perfection, you will go insane.
5. Even if you don't try to maintain perfection, you will come close to going insane.
6. You will lose sleep. Lots of sleep.
7. Clean sheets are a magnet for throw-up/pee/poo/?
8. An empty laundry basket is a magnet for throw-up/pee/poo/?
9. A clean car seat is a magnet for throw-up/pee/poo/?
10. My couches aren't for sitting on anymore. They are for jumping on, climbing on, and making forts with the cushions. The same goes for the beds and their pillows and every blanket in the house.
11. You cannot imagine life without your kids, but sometimes would really like a week by yourself.
12. Kids are gross. Seriously, I never really knew until I had them. They are dirty, germy, and disgusting. Keep hand sanitizer close by.
13. I wish I could impart all of my knowledge of the last 8 1/2 years on people wanting to have kids. I want to sit them down and say...Okay, here's how it really is. It's good/bad/happy/sad/exhausting/etc. But honestly, I think I'd scare them!