Monday, July 6, 2009

Austin's Antics...part...oh who knows by now!

This boy. OH this BOY!!!

Today during "nap" time, he pulled his latest antic. I'd heard him playing for a little bit, maybe 20 minutes or so, so I knew he was up, but knew he needed some rest, and that's why I let him play alone for a little while. It's a tactic I use fairly often, and although we've had some issues, we've never had anything harmful.

Until today.

Here's what I think happened...

He wanted a toy truck that was on a shelf, high in his room. He's asked me for it before, but it's one that Jason would rather keep for when he's older, in hopes that it might not get destroyed. He climbed onto his workbench, and from there he climbed onto his dresser. He's been on his workbench before, but never (as far as I know) has he climbed onto his dresser.

Until today.

So he was on top of his dresser, which is about 4 1/2 feet tall. There's a Craftsman tool box up there that weighs about 35 pounds. He'd been into that, playing with tools that Jason was saving for him, and pulled all the drawers open. The toolbox tilted forward, under the weight of the open drawers, and knocked Austin off the dresser. He, and everything on the dresser, went tumbling to the ground. In the mix was a picture frame, and when it hit the ground, the glass broke in a thousand little pieces. I don't know how, but miraculously, the only injury my son has is two cuts on his fingers from the broken glass. He fell over four feet to the hardwood floor, and he's fine.

Thank you God! You made him adventurous, to say the least, but you also made him sturdy.

But God? This mama's heart could do with a tad less adventure!

Oh, and the toy truck he was after?

He got it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm thinking that boy needs a bed and a few floor toys.

Put your mind at ease! :)

Celeste said...

hahaha! I'm glad he's okay.. it sounds like something Luke would do too!

Alana said...

I tell you what, that boy has some mad skilz! ;-)