Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summertime!

Summer. I love Summer. I love the lazy mornings at home, the swim suits and towels draped over dining room chairs, the sound of my children spraying each other with the hose in the backyard, the smell of freshly cut grass...I love it all.

As a child I was a fish. My favorite place to be in the summer was in the water. Lake, pool, sprinkler...as long as there was water, I was a happy girl!

Our kids have taken swimming lessons from a young age, and love the water as much as I do. We hope to put a pool in our backyard in a couple more years, and I can't wait! I know it will bring us years of enjoyment, and tons of great memories. In the meantime though, we love our town pool, and visit at least 2 or 3 times a week. Ellie joined the swim team this year, and is loving it, even with the early morning practices!


Austin is loving the water as much as his sisters this year. And I love the fact that after an afternoon at the pool, he takes a really good nap! :-)


Annie is learning to swim in the deep end this year. She also taught herself to do a front flip!


AND...She jumped off the diving board for the first time! Go Annie!


Spending time with friends is a favorite part of our Summer. The kids love having friends to play with, and I do too! Here are Annie and AJ doing the "We jumped off the diving board hug!"


And little Wing Man getting lots of help with the slide from his big sis and Annie!


Not to be outdone by her sister, (we couldn't have that! ) Ellie bravely went down the (scary) tunnel slide! She didn't care for it, but I was proud that she finally tried it, and conquered her fear.


I have to say, I still love the water. I know most mommies enjoy lying on a chair, soaking up the sun, and someday I'm sure it will be nice to do that! However I am still a fish at heart! I love to swim and dive. And I still love a good game of Marco Polo!


I love this picture of Ellie and Lane. Lane is my sweet cousin, and she gets to stay with us a lot this summer! Her husband is deployed with the Navy right now, and we get the pleasure of keeping her company while he is gone. She is a great help with the kids, and a blast to have around!


Summer. Days in our swim suits, cooking on the grill, late bedtimes and sleeping in. Ah Summer, I am glad you are here!

1 comment:

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

awe how sweet!!! what a fun day that was!!