Thursday, June 10, 2010

Camping at Razor Ridge

My sister-in-law Michelle and I are very similar in many ways. We enjoy air conditioning, shopping, nice hotels, a good "Real Housewives" show, computer time, and talking on the phone. So part of me is still trying to figure out why we both agreed to take our families camping! I wonder what our husbands thought. They probably thought we'd temporarily lost our minds! And honestly, as we prepared to go, I started wondering the same thing.

Bags of camping equipment filled our kitchen, trailers were loaded, menus were made, coolers were loaded, and away we went!

In my head I pictured lots of free time, kids running happily, parents hanging out playing cards...Not exactly! Reality was a couple of hours of set-up, parents sweating, a group effort to keep Austin from getting into everything, kids enjoying each other, and rarely a moment to sit down! It was fun though! The kids had a blast playing in the creek, fishing, four-wheeling, sitting around the campsite, making smores, and enjoying each other. Things settled down after awhile, and even the parents got to sit and enjoy the campfire!

All in all it was a great trip. Our kids first camping experience was a good one, and I think they'll always remember it. We went the weekend after school let out for summer, so it was a great way to kick things off!

Here are some of my favorite pictures...

Our niece Olivia!

Ellie!

Our niece Elaina!

Annie!

Austin!

Welcome Summer!!!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Great pictures! You are brave!!! Camping is such a fun childhood thing.. I'm sure they'll remember it forever. :)

MarytheKay said...

Oh what fun pics!!! I'm with you and Michelle...on all the good stuff you mentioned--air conditioning, etc! :-)

Jamie said...

You two are very brave. Our "camping" is in cabins. Our children will be surprised someday when they find out what real camping is. Great pics.