First of all I gotta give a big shout out to my friend Carissa for bringing back the Thursday Thirteen! Thanks for that girl, because I think I have a good one today.
13 things that happened to me at the zoo today.
1. I was 35 minutes late to meet my friend, who is never late. Surprised? Yeah, me either. And I don't think she was either.
2. My flip flop broke pretty early in the zoo trip when I tried to flip the brake up on my stroller with the toe of my shoe.
3. I begged for masking tape from a lady working the giraffe feeding station. She reluctantly gave me a small strip.
4. I taped my shoe together.
5. I learned it is hard to walk in a taped together flip flop.
6. I learned it is even harder to chase Austin in a taped together flip flop.
7. I learned it is not a good idea to let your super speed son get too far ahead of you when you are wearing a taped together flip flop.
8. I almost tossed my shoes into a trash can about 43 times. Until I remembered I would then be walking barefoot at the zoo. Eww.
9. I learned that leaving Ellie in the bathroom to "decompress" will result in her being very loud. Not bad. Just loud.
10. I learned that things echo a lot at the zoo.
11. I learned (again) that the zoo is not my favorite place.
12. I learned (finally) that the zoo is not my kids favorite place.
13. And I learned that Austin didn't understand the cracker was giraffe food. He learned the hard way.