Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Home

On a day like today, when in a matter of hours, the weather has gone from a balmy 70 degrees, to a chilly 40 degrees, complete with arctic rain and a tornado warning, I find myself truly appreciating Home.

My body ached for home this evening. As I shuttled children to dance, and dinner to daddy. As I braved icy rain drops in flip flops, because I didn't pay attention to the forcast. As I fought fatigue brought on by a mere five hours of sleep last night. As I drove dark, wet, and curvy roads with three children to keep safe, I craved my home.

Finally, at what seemed like midnight, but was actually 7:00, we arrived home. I quickly tucked three tired babies into their beds, and breathed a sigh of relief.

Home.

Dear Lord, Thank you for my home. Thank you for blessing me and my family with a nice, warm, safe home. I know it is only an earthly home, but it is so important for me now. Thank you God for this place to take refuge in, to raise children in. I am so grateful tonight for this blessing, for this Home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was a great reminder of the blessing that is our home.

Carissa said...

it is SO easy to forget how truly blessed we are in this country. whenever i feel poor i remember how incredibly blessed i am by simply things like my little house. a home...it is a gift...truly! thanks for the reminder my friend!

Janelle said...

On days like yesterday, I crave home. I crave the comfort of a warm fire, jammies and my people.

Love this reminder!

Alana said...

I think I was standing outside pumping gas AS it plummeted 30 degrees. Brrr! Those moments of contentment are great for the heart!

Renee said...

This was a sweet post. I am so glad you have such a warm home to go 'home' to.

We are blessed, aren't we?

I hope you're staying warm! And safe!! :)

Earen said...

Home is a wonderful place...I can't wait to see my eternal Home. Come Lord Jesus, Come!