Friday, November 30, 2007

Role Reversal

There must be something going on...a full moon, a change in the weather, an atmospheric phenomenon...Whatever it is, it seems to be causing a reversal of roles in our house.

At least between the girls.

I adore each of my girls for different reasons.

Ellie is the strong, independent, and stubborn one.

Annie is the sweet, cuddly, and easygoing one.

Except for today.

And yesterday.

As my stubborn one, Ellie is usually the one I have the most run-ins with. But today, well today ANNIE has been the hard one!

The little squirt was breaking the crayons at lunch today, and yanking coloring sheets away from her friends. She had a major meltdown in the car, and then told me "NO" when we got home and I told her to get out of the car. AARRGGHH!

And Ellie, she's been an absolute ANGEL!

I'm a little scared...

For instance, we had pictures taken yesterday, which in our family, means lots of crying, screaming, bribing...and that's just me. I usually get so furious with Ellie during these sessions. She won't cooperate, and I get mad since she's the oldest, and ends up being the most difficult. But yesterday...she was Perfect.

She posed, she smiled sweetly, she did everything I asked of her. She played well with others, she helped me take care of her brother, and she was just as happy as could be, all day long.

I just don't know what's going on!

4 comments:

Alana said...

Hmmm...maybe it's like Freaky Friday or something. Maybe they DID switch bodies ;-)

I'm Tara. said...

It's called -- make Mommy thinks SHE'S the nutty one!! :) Too funny. Once you figure out what IS actually going on - they'll switch back, I'm sure.

I'm so glad you loved the casserole. Is that not the best thing EVER?? It will now be my "go to" dish for potlucks, new babies, surgeries, etc. I could have eaten the whole thing by myself, so tell your hubby I totally understand. I'm the same way though - I love to cook and feel like I do a decent job at it, but this is my new fave dish!!

Can I babble or can I babble? Sheesh. Sorry.

Janelle said...

Sometimes it is better not to ask...

I am so glad and a little jealous of your picture experience. Praise the Lord for that!

Anonymous said...

i better get a copy of one of those pictures! :)
lauren